Environmental Policy of the Association of British Schools in Chile
The policy of the A.B.S. is to:
- Ensure that we meet the requirements of the regulations relating to the environment.
- Improve understanding about the environment.
- Raise aspirations by making staff and students more environmentally aware.
- Encourage staff and students to strive to improve the school environment.
- Promote the role of individuals in seeking to protect and conserve the Earth´s environment and resources.
- Above all, acting in accordance with this policy should allow us to PRACTICE what we preach.
The policy will be enabled through development of three strands of action:
- Through teaching - Identification, development and co-ordination of subject-specific and cross-curricular environmental issues.
- Through care and improvement of the school environment - Involvement of the School community in management of the buildings and grounds, to create a safe, healthy, and stimulating place to learn and work. This will be achieved through environmental awareness, training and guidance.
- Through promotion of greater environmental awareness - Promotion of, and teaching about, wider environmental concerns – such as resource management, recycling, sustainable development and combating pollution (in particular motor vehicles ) - and the way in which local action can contribute to global environmental improvement.
The Headmaster/mistress of each school will promote, and provide resources for, environmental education and environmental management.
Download Environmental Philisophy.